2009/10/05

Little Vermin

Your fur is gleaming so lifelike on your side
But I'm reeling at the great divide
Between your tail and your tiny little feet
And your skull which is almost level with the street

Sure your nose, ears and your darting beady eyes
Are straining to hear, see and smell your own demise
But you're frozen an expression of surprise
Coats the features of the creature that had shortly been alive

Little vermin, I'm quite sorry for your death
You know in German, die doesn't mean you're dead
It just means the, yeah, that's what I said
It's too bad about what happened to your head

Should not have worried when that we'd arrive
Should have walked or just done anything but drive
Maybe then you'd be a little more alive
But I'm late now, I won't see you so goodbye

Little vermin, I'm so sorry what I did
Peewee Herman kinda looks like you a bit
I would have stopped but I didn't think you had the guts
Now in them I can see partially digested nuts

No comments: