2009/10/05

Dumb

I can't remember when I start to forget
My wit is dry when I am soaking wet
And I'm so tired of my insomniac dreams
About Goldberg machines in my brain

I am sure we're mining for canaries
And I abjure my vocabulary
And I'm a liar, I told you that my pants were on fire
When you can see for yourself that it's not true

Chorus:
If I could tie this all together somehow
Would it be more than my voice would allow?
I'd be dumb, perhaps in more sense than one
If if I sung what I really thought

I am unsure I deal in contradiction
Don't know the facts but I don't call it fiction
And I agree, writing a book in your cell
Is how you can tell you're a libertine

I sneak aboard an idle train of thought
Don't pay attention but never seem to get caught
And I am bored with my infinite free will
So I'll be taking that pill from you now

Chorus

I couldn't hear if the connection had gone dead
Those magazines only hire people named Ed
And there's no way I will ever lead me astray
Unless I hear someone say something unkind

I can't pretend I'm living a lie
And every end is just another goodbye
But it's hard, I never get to see
What I think is me with only my eyes

If I could spend another day in my mind
Would there be anything new for me to find?
I may be dumb, but I know that I will be alright
Since I know that what I sung was right

No comments: