2009/10/05

January February

You gave a lot, I gave a little
You played guitar, I played the fiddle
And I didn’t know what you’d do when we hit it big
You’d write the music, I’d write the words
It didn’t matter, ‘cause no one ever heard
Except your mom came down to watch our first gig

At grad we played a song for them
Quick to applaud, and to condemn
And I didn’t see you before I had to leave
You came around to my new friends
I knew the party had to end
When I saw the chevron on your jacket sleeve

Chorus:
I still have your rhyming dictionary
My imaginary adversary, voluntary military
Honorary burial at an arbitrary mortuary
January, February, temporary solitary

Your father told me that you’re gone
Then why is your light always on?
The windowpane broke with a rock, but the blinds stayed drawn
I dreamed you came to our old school
It was too late, woke up in April
I don’t know why that’s in here, it doesn’t rhyme

Chorus

Dry-eyed sigh can’t satisfy the sky x2

No comments: