2009/10/05

In Vain

I've thought quite a lot about this
It's gone round in my head
From all the rolling around

Mostly it's been done in the dark
Alone in my bed, two feet from the ground
And a mile from the sense that light tries to make

Chorus:
When I try to call, when I start to shake
When I'm standing in the backyard
With my guitar in the shade of the rain
Coudn't you tell me without having to ask
Blink once for yes, I'll wave back
Didn't believe it so leave it
With all your achievements in vain

I'm not one to talk about this
But since you asked
I guess I'll give you the gist

Mostly it's been push and then pull
I thought you above me, then I thought you below
It's so easy to forget that it hasn't come to blows

Chorus

When I try to call I wait til it's too late
I never feel like doing nothing
It just kinda happens that way

No comments: