2009/10/06

Catching Up With The Rain

I am an angel awaiting descent
I stand like a letter that I never sent
The way that Abel last looked at Cain
I picture myself catching up with the rain

Before I die I make a quick calculation
Of my kinematics in one dimension
And it turns out I'm falling too far
It shouldn't be more than five or six yards

And that wouldn't kill me, I'm pretty sure not
I hope that you see me, I hope I get caught and it scares me away

I realize my death wish is passing at best
So I take a shower and then I eat and get dressed
I'm shaking the dust of this crummy town
Off of my feet, and I'm gonna see the world
I'm shaking the dust of this crummy town
Off of my feet, and I'm gonna see the world

1 comment:

himynameisklowy said...

Do you know what happens when you don't post for months and months? I stop reading.

Thank goodness for your recent comment! I'm glad your blog is alive and well! I'll be catching up on your posts since the "Existentialism" one, and then I'll start commenting again.

Hope you're well... I'm going to download those songs as soon as school fucks off :)