2009/10/05

Left out of Letters

Chorus:
You asked me what I left out of the letters
But I know better than to try and answer that
In those cluttered, buried, dusty days
I picked up what you threw away
And kept it like a secret
Now you ask me to repeat it, I say

I'll use simple words and let you sing along
It doesn't matter what just make it up
You know you can't be wrong and
Why...don't you need an education?
Why...don't you take your medication?
Why...don't you know he's on probation?
Why...don't you just try masturbation?

Chorus

And if my manuscript is nondescript and bland
If it makes no sense at all
Will you still tell me you understand and
Why...do you put up with my nonsense?
Why...don't I feel I have a conscience?
Why...'s it have to be so hard to say
The words I'm not sure if I mean, I mean

Chorus

I'll do my best to hone
Your soul your wit and charm
To be sure it's hearts not bones
So no one's been done any real harm
Why...do I feel I'm in a movie?
Why...do I know you see right through me?
Why...do I think there's nothing worse than
Why... have I never told you this in person?

No comments: