2006/12/22

Legs and Free Carols

I can identify with that left leg, and I don't even wonder why he's in a brace. I'm in a good mood though, because I opened my door and got some free music. That's right, carolers! As soon as I saw them, I got annoyed and guilty. I was sure I was going to be hit up for some holiday cash, or at the very least have my beliefs encroached upon. Instead I got a candy cane and have been smiling ever since... As much as I like not going to school for a while, the holiday charity thing has really been bugging me. I mean, when on rare occasions I actually answer the phone, (and it's not some idiot phoning for MDG-P.S. PLEASE dial 1-800 first) it's someone appealing to my generostiy in this time of giving. It would be easier if it was intentional guilt, but everyone's always really nice about it and so gracious if you decide not to donate that I start to hate them, because there's no way I can. Flip out at me, because I deserve it! I'm a stingy, greedy kid stuck on materialism who can't find it in his heart to give someone with less than I have a tiny little bit of my wealth. That way I can at least hate you and forget my guilt.
I got to play with a two year old that I'm somehow related to today, and so I wrote this little quintrain:

I wonder why the infinity
of repetition is so hilarious
a frog crushes a lightbulb
again and again
and it's funnier every time.

No comments: