2007/02/16

So, this afternoon I found out I was going to Seattle for the weekend. It should have clicked two weeks ago when my dad asked me if I wanted to go to the Jimi Hendrix museum. It should have clicked a week ago when everyone else in my house was talking about it. It definitely should have all fallen into place when Andrew Hanevelt asked me if I was going to Seattle last Tuesday. I remeber answering "no, I don't think so..." while privately wondering how he could possibly have gotten the idea I was going anywhere. The bubble I live in is a happy place, and it takes some persistence to break through the haze which clouds facts from getting anywhere near me. Like when I was going to pick my mom up at the airport and I realized she had been gone. Then I got the universal comment from all my teachers at the conferences: "Smart kid, but he's not organized and badly needs to respect deadlines". This, however, is not my fault. My agenda has no February, March or April, so how can I be expected to remeber anything? (it has two May, June, and Julys, so I will be twice as organized later) Of course, that would only make sense if I used my agenda instead of scribbling all sorts of useless phrases all through it (What exactly is "euphoria for the pedestrian"?) Anyways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did Andrew know you were going away? Does he hang out at your house or something?

Greg McLeod said...

he's on my little little brother's hockey team, and we went down for their tournament. He did hang out in our hotel room, and when Miles burnt the popcorn he ran away, but at least he took the bag with him and spread the wonderfully billowing smoke to his room.

Anonymous said...

thats beautiful figurative imagery:
wonderfully billowing smoke.
excellent.